Wesley College (Uniting)
University of Sydney
Western Ave, Newtown

Geo. Fincham & Sons 1965, 2m., 6 ranks extension, electro-pneumatic
possibly using pipework from the previous 1954 instrument







From SOJ August/September 1989, February/March 1990, Winter 2001:

The organ in the chapel at Wesley College is an extension organ built by the Melbourne firm of George Fincham & Sons in 1954. There are 6 ranks extended to 26 speaking stops. There is no case with the pipes hidden behind banners. The organ was renovated by Pitchford & Garside in 1983.

Notes from Prof. Michael Horsburgh who was an administrator of the College in the 1960s:

The chapel was enlarged in 1964-5 and a new organ was provided for the newly enlarged chapel.  Prof. Horsburgh can't recall if the previous organ in the first chapel was rebuilt and enlarged or an entirely new instrument was provided when the the new chapel was opened in 1965.

 



The specification is:

Great
Open Diapason
Gedeckt
Dulciana
Principal
Flute
Dulcet
Twelfth
Fifteenth
Acuta
Oboe

Swell
Contra Salicional
Viola da Gamba
Rohrflöte
Viola
Stopped Flute
Nazard
Flautina
Contra Oboe
Oboe
Oboe Clarion

Pedal
Bourdon
Principal
Bass Flute
Viola
Octave
Fifteenth

Couplers
Swell to Great
Swell to Pedal
Great to Pedal

8
8
8
4
4
4
2-2/3
2
II
8


16
8
8
4
4
2-2/3
2
16
8
4


16
8
8
8
5-1/3
4






A
B
C
A
B
C
C
A
C
E


D (TC)
D
F
D
F
F
F
E
E
E


B
A
B
D
B
A






Electro-pneumatic action
Compass 61/30














Photos: Alan Caradus (October 2018)







Photos: Kurt Ison (October 2018)