St Paul's Lutheran Church
3 Stanley Street
E.F. Walcker & Cie., Ludwigsburg, Germany, 1887, Op. 498.
2 manuals, 8 speaking stops, 3 couplers, mechanical action
Restored and installed here in 1986 by Pitchford & Garside
From SOJ April/May 1987:
The organ was built in 1887 by E.F. Walcker & Cie. Ludwigsburg, Germany, 1887, Op. 498. It was imported and installed firstly in the home of Arthur H. Starling in Beecroft before being acquired by Crow's Nest Baptist Church. Here it was opened by George Faunce Allman on 9th September, 1914. It was moved to Our Lady Star of the Sea Catholic Church, Watsons Bay in 1979 after being owned by Christopher Wagstaff who bought it from the Baptist Church. It was restored by Pitchford and Garside and installed at St Paul's Lutheran Church, Stanley St, Sydney in 1986 and was used as a teaching instrument by Sydney Grammar School from 1994 until the installation of the Mander organ in 2004. The Oboe rank is a rare example of a "free reed".
E.F. Walcker & Cie., Ludwigsburg, Germany, 1887, Op. 498. (2/8 mechanical)
Great to Pedal
Swell to Pedal
Swell to Great (foot lever operated)
Balanced Swell Pedal
Swell to Great toe pedal
Tutti toe pedal
Hand blowing mechanism is operational
Information and photos supplied by Robert Wagner