St Matthias' Anglican Church
Oxford Street, Paddington
1876 J.W. Walker & Sons, London, Reb. 1919 C.W. Leggo, 1946 J.F. & M.D Stephen
2m., 16 sp. st., 4c., tr. & tub. pn.
The organ was built by J.W. Walker & Sons, London in 1876 (job no. 1084) and installed in 1877. It was rebuilt with a new case in 1919 by C.W. Leggo and further work was done on it in 1946 by J.F & M.D Stephen. It has not been played regularly for the past 30 years and now the pedal action (tubular-pneumatic) no longer works and notes cipher on the manuals.
The specification is:
Stop'd Diapason Bass
Wald Flute Treble
Swell to Great
Great to Pedals
Swell to Pedals
Mechanical action (tubular pneumatic to pedals)
3 composition pedals
Lever swell pedal
Photos supplied by Michael Campbell, June 2006.