St Faith's Anglican Church
9 Clarke Street, Narrabeen
J.W.Walker 1872, rebuilt C. Leggo 1945, A. Welby 1973-75 (2/10 mechanical)
From SOJ Spring 1997, Summer 1997-98:
The organ at St Faith's was originally built by J.W. Walker (job no. 981) in 1872 for St Philip's Sunday School, Clarence Street, Sydney for the price of £154. It had one manual (C compass 56/20), 5 stops, with pedal pull downs.
In 1945 it was removed and installed in St Faith's with the Swell (to tenor C) added by C. Leggo at a cost of £230. Between 1973 and 1975 it was rebuilt by Anthony Welby, including internal alterations, extension of the Swell to full compass, addition of a Mixture II to the Great, Principal 2 to the Swell and Choral Bass 4 to the Pedal and modifications to the mechanical action.
In 1991, the firm of Peter D.G. Jewkes removed the organ to its present location in the new church.
The specification is:
Swell to Great
Great to Pedal
Swell to Pedal
Photos: Alan Cardus (June 2012)