St Andrew's Anglican Church
cnr Parramatta Road and Swan St, Strathfield
Charles Leggo 1926, 2m., 12 sp. st., tubular pneumatic
From SOJ Autumn 1998, Winter 1998:
The organ in St Andrew's, Strathfield was completed in 1926 by Charles Leggo. Leggo was apprenticed to Charles Richardson and later worked with George Fincham, including time spent managing Fincham's Sydney branch. Leggo erected six or seven Fincham organs in NSW and was clearly influenced by their design. In 1911, Leggo resigned from Fincham and began working in the partnership "Griffin & Leggo". Some six years later, Leggo commenced his own business, his first new organ being for the Methodist Church at Singleton, NSW. The organ at Strathfield is regarded as one of the most elegant and pleasing organs to come from Leggo's workshop. It was reconditioned by Hill, Norman & Beard in 1967 and at that time a Mixture III was added to the Swell.
The specification is:
Swell to Great
Swell to Pedal
Great to Pedal
(Cornopean prepared for slide) +
(Vox Celeste prepared for slide) *
*A Swell Mixture III was installed on the Vox Celeste slide in 1967 by HNB.
+ A Nason Flute was installed on the Cornopean slide in 1967 by HNB.
Balanced swell pedal