Holy Trinity Anglican Church
cnr Anzac Parade and Sturt Street, Kingsford
Gray & Davison 1876, restored Pitchford & Garside 1990 (2/8 mechanical)
From SOJ Spring 1995:
This is the third church to be built on this site. The former building of dark brick, designed by George Gray and built in 1932 replaced an earlier weatherboard structure. It was destroyed by arson on 15 October 1987. The present building was designed by H.O. Woodhouse annd Danks Pty Ltd.
The organ was built in 1876 for the United Reformed Church in Turvey, Bedford, UK by Gray and Davison and restored in 1990 by Pitchford & Garside for installation in Holy Trinity. The show pipes were rediapered to the original design but with a different background colour more suited to its new surroundings. This was the only alteration to the original. Particularly noteworthy are the delicate carvings in the attractive oak case and the Clarinet Flute stop, a specialty of Gray and Davison's. It has a straight, flat pedalboard with ivory inserts engraved in Old English style in the walnut stop knobs and the chamfered key cheeks.
The specification is:
Swell to Great
Great to Pedal
Swell to Pedal
2 composition pedals to Great