St Mark's Anglican Church
39 Jamieson Street, Granville

Telford & Telford (Dublin)1890, rebuilt Hill, Norman & Beard 1968
(2/14 mechanical and electro-magnetic)






From SOJ April/May 1991, Winter 2000:

The St Mark's organ was originally built during 1890 and inaugurated in February 1891 in the schoolhouse at Holy Trinity, Kelso, NSW. it is the only example of this Irish builder's work in Australia. In 1935 it went to St Alban's Anglican Church, Epping where it was rebuilt and enlarged by Charles Leggo. Pitchford and Garside added a Fifteenth to the Great, a 3 rank Mixture to the Swell and the Pedal Bourdon rank was further extended to provide a Flute 4'. When Epping installed the Létourneau in the new west gallery in 1981, the Telford up the front of the church was sold and in May 1988 it was installed and dedicated in St Mark's, Granville. This replaced a Leggo instrument which was originally installed in Haberfield Methodist CHurch in 1927 and was moved to St Mark's in 1974. It is understood that this instrument is now in South Australia.

The original specifcation at Kelso was:

Great
Open Diapason
Principal

Swell
Salicional
Oboe
Dulciana

Pedal
Bourdon

Couplers
Swell to Great
Great to Pedal
Swell to Pedal

8
4


8
8
8


16








The present specification is:

Great
Open Diapason
Clarabella
Dulciana
Principal
Fifteenth

Swell
Violin Diapason
Gedect
Salicional
Gemshorn
Mixture
Trumpet
Tremulant

Pedal
Bourdon
Bass Flute
Octave Flute

Couplers
Swell to Great
Swell to Pedal
Great to Pedal

8
8
8
4
2


8
8
8
4
III
8



16
8
4









+








*



A
A
A






Mechanical action to manuals
Electric and electro-pneumatic action to pedal and pedal stops

Compass 56/30

* one published specification has Oboe 8'
+ one published specification has Octave 4'





Organ photos: Brett McKern (Jan 2011)

Church photos:  Alan Caradus (July 2013)