St Andrew's Scots Church
cnr Dover Road and Carlisle Street, Rose Bay

Hill & Son 1884 (2/18 mechanical) Job. no. 1890




Photo: Trevor Bunning April 2010


© PdL 2006

From SOJ February 1975, February/March 1983, June/July 1985, August/September 1992, Autumn 2003:

Hill & Son supplied an organ in 1885 for the original St Andrew's Scots Church (situated behind St Andrew's Cathedral) which has survived unscathed. It was paid for by using a £500 legacy from Captain Owen Hughes. The organ was opened with a concert on 28th July, 1885. In 1908 the church sold the property in the city and relocated to Rose Bay, building a new church which was opened in 1913. The final service in the city church was held on 5th November, 1911. The new building contained the organ, memorial windows, mural tablets and furniture from the old building and was opened on 1st November, 1913.

The organ remains in original condition except for the addition of an electric blower. Pitchford & Garside restored the instrument in 1975.


© PdL 2006



Hill & Son 1884 (2/18 mechanical)

Great
Open Diapason
Stopped Diapason
Dulciana
Principal
Wald Flute
Twelfth
Fifteenth
Mixture
Trumpet

Swell
Bourdon
Open Diapason
Lieblich Gedact
Salicional
Gemshorn
Flautina
Oboe

Pedal
Bourdon
Bass Flute

Couplers
Swell to Pedal
Swell to Great
Great to Pedal

8
8
8
4
4
3
2
II
8


16
8
8
8
4
2
8


16
8


























A
A







Photo: Trevor Bunning April 2010