Holy Trinity Anglican Church
(the "Garrison Church")
cnr. Argyle & Lower Fort Streets, Millers Point
Builder unknown c.1847. Restored with tonal alterations 1971 A. Jones.
The organ was built c. 1847 and installed in the church during the first half of 1848. It had two manuals and pedals with a GG compass which was changed to C compass in 1880 by William Davidson. It was rebuilt again by Alex Hunter in 1922 and Arthur Jones in 1971.
The present specification is:
Swell to Great
Great to Pedal
(also couples Swell to Pedal)
Balanced swell pedal
The organ is only occasionally used - a 2 manual Makin electronic is often used instead.
Specification supplied by Robert Parkinson (April, 2006).
© PdL 2006
Photos: Trevor Bunning (February 2017)
Pastor de Lasala recorded Handel's Concerto in G Minor, Op. 4, no. 3
in the Garrison Church in 1980 with Ted Grantham conducting a small
orchestra. The concert was recorded for broadcast on 2 MBS-FM (now Fine Music FM).
The recording engineer was Charles Barton OAM.